ACDAP expertise, solutions and qualifications provide an opportunity to self-assess business and correct any snarl-ups in their tax returns instead of having to wait until end of the year. ACDAP qualifications are internationally recognised, meeting the needs of employers, government and learners, both now and in the future for the purpose of the digitisation of accounts. ACDAP qualifications equip learners with real work scenarios for all accounting practices including digital accountancy & the MTD.
At Association of Certified Digital Accounting Professionals (ACDAP) we keenly trust on the significance of the small businesses and helping in opening-up their potential. Some Key facts include:
- There is no doubt that small businesses have key importance in UK’s economy even they are the backbone of industry.
- In reality, small businesses employ three in five people working in the private sector.
- Here in UK, the entrepreneurial essence is part of the national spirit.
- It’s not hard for small businesses to flourish and 50% are failed in the first five years, which is really shocking.
- Too much time and effort is wasted by businesses chasing payment, categorising expenses or accessing capital, when they should be focused on what really matters to them – whether that’s business growth or better work-life balance.
ACDAP is very concerned about the highly important part of our economy, adopting a digital-led mindset has the potential to open up a world of opportunity and deliver a significant improvement in the level of productivity. It is evident that:
- Implementing only one aspect of digital technology can break fear barrier, increasing the opportunity of further acceptance.
- Implementing a digital behaviour increases the opportunity of the adoption of other digital tools designed for cash flow, human resources, or freeing time for more productive activities like sales, marketing or training.
Benefits of MTD
ACDAP believes that this would save a business valuable time, enhance efficiency, generate sales; all major features can dramatically increase productivity and drive growth through the MTD. MTD could be this first digital move for over 1 million UK small businesses. It found MTD plus three simple additional catalysts could unlock a productivity payout of £57 billion for UK businesses over five years. Open Banking will put automation at the heart of small businesses, further streamlining operations and driving proficiencies.
ACDAP understands that numerous firms and accountants dread implementing the MTD initiative in contemplation that its administration will cost more than the current annual tax returns. The Administrative Burdens Advisory Board (ABAB), as well as the Accounting Web, is just a few of the bodies who are apprehensive about MTD’s introduction because of the supposed costs it may implicate on small businesses and self-employed persons. The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) also points out that MTD integration will also increase the taxpayer’s workload, as they will now be forced to regularly update their tax accounts on a quarterly basis rather than annually. Other accountants are also concerned over the fact that MTD might be grounds for cyber-security risks, as all financial records would have to be uploaded and recorded online. The concerns about the implementation costs are misplaced because MTD will actually reduce the accounting expenses for companies in the long run. Indeed, installation and incorporation of MTD into the business structures may be a bit costly, but these are just normal teething issues just like the integration of any other new system would be. Once it is fully incorporated into the day-to-day operations, administration costs for MTD will be miscellaneous. The system will be fully digitized hence accountants will be able to present their clientele with state-of-the-art services while at the same time increasing the productivity of their profession. The system will actually reduce the taxpayer’s workloads since tax accounts can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and will be mobile.