We are independent Apprenticeships training provider, with solid track record of maximising returns on investment for both levy paying and non-levy paying employers. Our trainers have extensive knowledge and industry experience and work in partnership with you to co-design and deliver a bespoke Apprenticeship programme that aligns with your employee development objectives.
If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy, you need to be aware that funds expire 24 months after they enter your Digital Apprenticeship Service online account. The cost for training existing and new employees you are upskilling through Apprenticeships is spread across the length of the programme, with 20% not paid until right at the end, so Apprenticeships are much more affordable.
As a levy payer the Government will top up your account by 10% and if you exceed your monthly levy draw down then you only pay 10% of the additional cost - the Government will pay the remaining 90%.
If you are an employer with an annual wage bill of more than £3m then you will be paying an Apprenticeship Levy of 0.5% on payroll through PAYE.
Our highly experienced trainer assessors work alongside senior management to upskill existing employees and train new talent in line with your business goals
So much affordable
The Government tops up your levy account by 10% and that the cost of training is spread across the full length of the Apprenticeship programme, with the final 20% paid right at the end. If you wish to do more Apprenticeships than your levy pot can afford then the employer only pays 10% of the additional Apprenticeship cost, with the Government paying the other 90%.
There is also a £1,000 incentive for recruiting a 16-18 year-old apprentice or a 19-24 year-old apprentice with additional learning needs or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
KBM Levy Management Services
KBM Training and Recruitment currently have a range of tools to support Levy paying customers with the planning of the Levy. Following the “free” support, we expect many employers will want ongoing support to implement our recommendations a strategy and put in place high quality programmes. Some may want these services in the implementation stage, some may want longer term management support for their programmes. We will charge for these services; which will be a commercial proposition; and also we will be well placed to secure training programmes as part of this. Services may include:
- Create and implement the Apprenticeship Levy Strategy
- Map current, planned and potential apprenticeship provision across the organisation
- Liaise with and promote apprenticeship provision to business units / departments (current, planned and potential provision)
- Profile apprenticeship starts (Frameworks / Standards, Learner numbers, Start Dates, Length of Stay, Price, Retention) I order to eliminate unplanned underspend or un-planned co-investment
- Identify providers who can deliver the apprenticeship programmes planned (Quality, Value, Proposition, Model, Value Added)
- Procure provision through whatever methods appropriate (formal tender, market review , etc.)
- Negotiate and agree price on each apprenticeship programme
- Identify co-delivery models where the provider and employer can co-deliver a programme and the employer can reclaim some funding and customise the programme to the employer
- Map existing provision & programmes to apprenticeships
- Recruit new apprentices to the business (predominantly young people into newly created roles)
- Identify and sign-up existing staff to undertake apprenticeship programmes, including promoting apprenticeships across the business
- Manage providers and provision, ensuring that the provision is at the required quality
- Manage the Digital Voucher System and approve payments to providers
For further info, please contact
Non Levy Apprenticeship (SMEs) - Upskilling your workforce as per your business goals
If your business /organisation has an annual wage bill of less than £3m then you do not pay the Apprenticeship Levy.
SMEs co-fund their Apprenticeship training, currently paying just 5% (with the rest paid for by the Government). This is managed through the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) online account.
Contact us for advice and guidance on co-investment and the additional financial incentives available. These include an extra £1,000 for recruiting a 16-18 year-old apprentice or a 19-24 year-old apprentice with additional learning needs or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
If you have less than 50 employees, then the Government meets the full cost of Apprenticeship training for those aged 18 and under. For employees aged over 19 they will pay for 95% of Apprenticeships training, with the employer co-investing 5%.
Supporting SMEs upskill and plan through Apprenticeships
We are working in partnership with SME employers, we design and deliver Apprenticeship programmes for accounting, finance, taxation and business administration. Working in partnership, we:
- Help you to upskill current staff in line with your business goals
- Use our recruitment service to bring new talent into your business
- Help you to understand the changes to Apprenticeships and how they affect your business – including the financial incentives available and how co-investment works
- Ensure the agreed Apprenticeships are closely aligned with your business and workforce development goals
- Appoint trainer assessors with relevant industry experience
Apprenticeships have moved on from what they used to be and are an exciting option for both apprentice and employer. You can now employ apprentices at all different levels, from school leavers to people that want to further their careers or change career direction completely. An apprentice can be aged 16 or 100 plus. As an employer, you can get additional help with funding an apprentice from the government.
Benefits to Your Organisation
- Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way for any organisation to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
- 86% of employers said apprenticeships developed skills relevant to their organisation and 78% reported improved productivity.
- 90% of apprentices stay on in their place of work after completing an apprenticeship
- there's a wide selection of apprenticeships available, covering lots of different job roles
- you can adapt the training your apprentice receives according to the needs of your organisation
- an apprenticeship allows you to diversify and freshen up your workforce
- you can employ an apprentice who's aged 16 up to any age and from any background
Why KBM Apprenticeships
KBM Apprenticeships provide technical support in finding the best candidate suitable for your business. We have been able to engage a wide range of candidates ranging in different sectors. With our extensive networks across UK we have provided recruitment solutions to many businesses.
We use an electronic portfolio system to reduce paperwork and aid regular contact.
In the current economic climate taking on an apprentice is a cost effective way to increase your workforce and provide government funded training to a nationally recognised standard.
What our employers say
- "We GET more from our business as a result of having an apprentice as part of our team."
- 81% said employing an apprentice generated higher overall productivity for their business.
- "Apprentices have a positive impact on people carrying work and doing a good job for us."
- 92% said apprenticeships led to staff being more motivated and increased job satisfaction.
- "Apprentices tend to stay with us for longer"
- 74% said apprenticeships tend to have greater loyalty to the business and remain with them longer than other employees.
- "Employing apprentices gives us an advantage over our competitors"
- 81% of consumers favour businesses that use apprentices within their workforce.
Recruit An Apprentice
Apprenticeships are a cost effective way to engage young innovative people into the business. This is a great way to grow your business. At the same time this provides a great way for young people to earn while gaining a renowned qualification
Apprenticeships are becoming popular day by day. With over 100,000 businesses in UK employing apprentices, this has become a very viable government funded scheme which is helping young people in becoming employable whilst getting valuable qualification.
When recruiting with KBM Apprentices, employers are mainly eligible to get £1500 apprenticeship grant.
Want to employ someone young and innovative?
Fill out the form below and one of your consultants will be in touch with you shortly.
Interview the shortlisted candidates put forward by the KBM recruitment team and agree start date for your new apprentice.
If you are interested in finding out more about how an apprentice can help grow your company then please complete our online contact form or email us at
Audra - Business Management - University of Westminster:
"I've joined KBM though their summer placement in their marketing department, and since then I've been working on SEO, working on digital marketing campaigns and marketing campaigns in general. So everything that I've learnt in theory I've been able to implement it in practice here at KBM. Therefore I would recommend anyone looking for a work placement to join KBM."
Anushi Mogrelia - Marketing and Management - Queen Mary University:
"I found out about KBM, because they came to my careers fair and we interacted there and this is how I found out about the opportunities here. I was not too sure what was expected of me, because it's the first time I've done something in this field or of this nature, so it was quite daunting initially, but the colleagues out here were really nice so I settled in quite quickly. On a day to day basis I am involved in the planning and execution of text and email campaigns and this is quite interesting as a first year marketing student to be involved in the deep end of things, and being right there sending out and developing these campaigns which not many people get to do in their first year of their Marketing career. It's an interesting environment with colleagues that are quite friendly almost to the extent of being a little family down there in that room. It’s quite dynamic in the sense that there is always action in the office, and there is always phone calls to answer and running around but it's quite fun, just to be in the thrilling environment that KBM provides. KBM is quite beneficial as it gives you experience in a different range of things, down from working on reports, from working on Bank reconciliations, from working with the software skills and client facing skills. This is useful in any sector, especially the corporate sector, where client facing deals and transactions are most frequent. Experience in the field is more beneficial than a degree. A degree is a piece of paper at the end of the day. In quite casual terms you read through a textbook in university, you get module outlines, you get a test. You recite out knowledge onto the paper. It's all well and good if you can do that but in the real world if you don't have the experience to back it up you can't really go far in life. Which is why I'm quite happy to have had this opportunity at KBM and I recommend it to all of you."
"Last year I was taking a gap year and I was contemplating whether I should do an apprenticeship or go to Uni, and this year is when I decided I should take on an apprenticeship from KBM. I was working at Tescos a couple of months back and a colleague of mine recommended KBM to me. So I applied online, called up KBM, came here for an interview, the interview went well and Umar brought me back here, for an apprenticeship opportunity. Good experience dealing with customers, dealing with your employers, dealing with candidates, helping other candidates get with employers for other job opportunities and it has really helped my communication skills."
"I was doing a traineeship at a place in croydon, and they are the ones that introduced me to KBM. Well, before I was actually doing a work experience here so I've been doing that for 3 months now, and then after that they decided to keep me on as an apprentice. Well I learnt a lot of different communication skills as I've been working with EU students, like form Italy and France."
"I was looking for an apprenticeship and I was on the Indeed website so I applied, an then on the next day I got aphone call from one of the team members"
"It was exactly what I was looking for, so I applied through my CV and within 3-4 days I got a call. I've gained a lot of skills a lot of knowledge and certainly a lot of confidence. with the apprenticeship not only you get to work, but you get to learn at the same time and at the end of the apprenticeship you would gain a certificate and you would gain qualifications, so you're earning whilst you're working. Where as with university you would just sit down do your exam and later on once you finished uni and graduated you would apply for jobs. So I thought of course apprenticeship is the best way to go, as you are doing 2 in 1."
"Hi my name is Nazmeen. I am an undergraduate student at the University of Westminster and here at KBM i am doing my internship. Gaining a precious work experience in a office based environment is great spot to improve your CV and for your graduate prospects especially when you are at KBM. Whether you are looking to go in an Accounting sector, Sales and Marketing, Recruitment and HR or Media Solutions KBM can provide necessary skills you need for your dream job. I have only been here a couple of months and I have already gained work experience and skills in accounting, HR and Marketing and I am ready to apply those in any company I may join. I thank KBM for this amazing opportunity that they provide me with and I look forward to it. "
It is not like studying in university at all. It gives you experience about working in a business based environment. You learn so many things you can learn in a day in a book. If you just come here and practice a lot.
Hi I am Jorden Smith I am a student of University of Hertfordshire and also the president of employable student society. I have been provided with this opportunity from KBM to work here for our Summer Internship Program for my sandwich year. It has been very effective. Since I have been here the work environment has been perfect. I have come in each day and there is always a new topic for me to get on it. Since being at KBM has provided me with major benefits to both my life and my studies when I go back to university. Skills which I didn’t have prior to the internship I have got now and also the skills which I have learnt will be beneficial to me. I know it’s hard to find internships. For all the students out there who are actually looking for one, KBM is here to help you.