Accounts or Finance Assistant AAT Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
The AAT Level 2 Accounts or Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard is an accounting apprenticeship's entry-level. AAT has improved its relevance through a new syllabus, 'Qualifications2022'. You can flexibly complete the AAT accounting level 2 apprenticeship within 12-14 months.
Every business requires accounts or finance assistance. Hence, an accounting level 2 apprenticeship unlocks enormous job opportunities. The AAT level 2 apprenticeship perfectly prepares you for an accounting and finance assistant role.
The level 2 accounting apprenticeship helps maintain an organisation's accurate finance functions. It prepares you to perform basic bookkeeping activities effectively. It delivers valuable accounting software skills; every employer looks for these skills.
Sales and purchase ledgers working and calculation skills it properly delivers. Also, you will understand correct recording and payments alongside cash and data entry recording. Further, this level 2 apprenticeship builds a strong base for level 3 accounts assistant apprenticeship.
What Knowledge will you gain?
The new AAT 'Qualifications2022' focuses significantly on developing solid foundations. It strongly builds your core technical bookkeeping and accounting skills. You will gain knowledge of double-entry, trial balance, suspense accounts, journals, reconciliations and costing.
The latest AAT Level 2 qualification has extended content for relevance to the modern commercial environment. It focuses on technology, business awareness, sustainability, communication, and ethical principles. Also, it develops essential career skills and behaviours wide range.
The AAT apprenticeship level 2 knowledge delivery further includes:
- Commercial law awareness like data protection, contracts, Anti-money laundering etc
- Understanding upholding relevant conduct codes importance
- Legal entities and organisational structures explanation
- Technology impacts awareness of business and its accounting and finance
- Accounting transactional processes understanding and application
- Routine accounts reports and their use
- Internal control basic understanding and its use
What Skill will you acquire?
The AAT level 2 apprenticeship delivers valuable skills, which include:
- Attention to detail: You will learn to examine data and identify issues. Reconciling data and recognising, rectifying and minimising errors you understand.
- Communication: You will learn how to communicate with customers and clients. Further, it will help you display good listening and speaking skills correctly.
- Systems and process utilisation: You will learn accounting software's proper use. It will develop your competence in maintaining accounting information security. You will learn passwords setting and other security measures.
- Personal effectiveness: You will become capable of self-organising, prioritising activities and meeting deadlines. It will deliver understanding issues knowledge beyond own remit. You will also prepare to support your peers.
What occupational Behaviour will you develop?
This accounting level 2 apprenticeship ideally fosters your occupational behaviour. It will include:
- Teamwork: You will learn to support colleagues to achieve collaborative results. It further helps you build working relationships alongside impact awareness on others.
- Personal development: It will deliver implementing changes learning. It further helps you act on the feedback for performance improvement. You will demonstrate learning commitment and self-improvement.
- Professionalism: You will understand how to behave professionally and the organisational conduct code adherence. It will build your 'right first-time' approach.
- Customer focus: The apprenticeship will deliver an understanding of customer satisfaction within a company's policy. You will know how to meet or exceed customers' expectations.
What AAT qualification will you gain from the Accounting Level 2 Apprenticeship?
You will effectively achieve the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting, which provides excellent accountancy understanding. It will prepare you for entry-level to junior accounting jobs. The qualification has internal acceptance. Employers always look for AAT accountants.
This AAT level 2 qualification provides accounting and finance administration excellent foundation. You will gain command over basic double-entry bookkeeping and costing principles. KBM's qualified accountants and expert tutors will qualify.
Further, we also assist in the AAT assessments and exam preparation. KBM's AAT students have a 95% pass rate. The qualification completion qualifies you for the following jobs:
- Accounts Assistant
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Sales Ledger Clerk
- Assistant Accountant
- Semi-senior Bookkeeper
- Accounts Payable Clerk
How will KBM deliver the Accounting Level 2 Apprenticeship?
KBM blends the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting with hands-on practical accountancy training in our chartered and certified accountancy firm. The firm is an ACCA partner at Gold Level. It enormously helps us in preparing competent accountants.
You will apply AAT qualification knowledge on actual files under high calibre accountants' supervision. The hands-on practical develop your job role confidence. Hence, you can adequately perform your accountancy job.
KBM's AAT Level 2 Apprenticeship Delivery?
You will acquire valuable accountancy software knowledge. Our Pro Advisors help in learning Sage, Xero, QuickBooks and other accounting software. Also, we will provide you with an experience certificate. It will enhance your employability potential.
KBM keeps apprentices flexibility at the top. We provide the following flexible learning options:
- Online learning
- Classroom study
We offer roll-on and roll-off apprenticeship delivery. KBM fully meet the 20% off-the-job training requirement. We thoroughly assist our apprentices' across their journey. Our delivery elements include:
- Workplace observations
- Skills open days
- Classroom workshop sessions
- Trainers' face-to-face visits
- On-the-job learning
- Virtual workshops
- Self-study resources
How can you find and apply for the AAT Apprenticeship Level 2?
KBM provides a free one-window solution for its students and professionals. Our team will find the apprenticeship and connect you with the employer.
We have a 2500+ employers' network. It helps us in jobs, apprenticeships and traineeships. We also assist in CV and interview preparation. The apprenticeship application process is the same as applying for a job.
Furthermore, you can use the 'Find an Apprenticeship' service accessible from the government website.
Why join KBM for the AAT Level 2 Apprenticeship?
KBM is an experienced apprenticeship training provider with the latest technology. We delivered hundreds of apprenticeship programmes. KBM's team will assist you swiftly in your all study matters. Further, we have a dedicated assessor's team to help you properly.
Please contact us to experience our innovative and friendly learning environment. Our tutors develop your accounting and bookkeeping skills. Furthermore, we provide a high-quality recruitment facility. You will gain complete information on jobs.
Usually, employers set their apprentices' selection criteria. It requires Level 1 Maths and English as part of 5 GCSE A-C grades or equivalent. However, apprentices must complete level 2 Maths and English alongside the apprenticeship. Also, the apprenticeship count relevant or prior work experience.
Level 2 Accounting Apprenticeship's End Point Assessment (EPA)
The EPA will take place when you achieve the required level of competence. It will check the knowledge, skills and behaviour (KSB) you gained from the apprenticeship. EPA is mandatory for apprenticeship completion that has the following two parts.
- EPA will assess through a structured interview, along with portfolio evidence. It will be 60 minutes remote interview via the AAT Smart End Point Assessment (SEPA) platform.
- An in-tray computer-based test will check your capability, and it will last for 105 minutes. It will examine your required knowledge, skills and behaviours to count in EPA grading criteria. The test includes questions and data evaluations combination.
It provides a good progression. At completion, you will become eligible for AAT Accounting Qualifications at higher levels. You can achieve them through apprenticeship training or part-time courses. Furthermore, the AAT Apprenticeship Level 2 qualifies you for: