AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
Becoming a qualified accountant is a dream career and every employer's demand. Also, it tremendously helps in freelancing and self-employment. The AAT level 3 accounting diploma makes this dream come true. KBM blends the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting with practical accountancy and computerised accounting training.
This AAT level 3 diploma provides a complete career solution with tremendous progression opportunities. KBM has been massively contributing to preparing high-calibre accounting and finance professionals over decades. Choosing KBM means success; we have an over 97% pass rate.
KBM will help you learn essential, higher-level accounting techniques and disciplines with this level 3 accounting diploma. It will deliver knowledge and skills in maintaining cost accounting records, advanced bookkeeping and preparing financial reports and returns. Further, you will gain a valuable understanding of various advanced financial processes from this AAT level 3 qualification.
Also, this AAT level 3 accounting course completion allows you to apply for AAT bookkeeping membership (AATQB). This membership demonstrates your expertise and AAT professional development with the designatory letters AATQB. It helps you in job, self-employment, freelancing, and integration with the AAT community.
Why study at KBM?
KBM has qualified accountants and finance experts, dedicated tutors, and support staff to help you achieve your goals. Also, we offer different flexible learning solutions like classroom, online, and distance learning. So, you can choose your suitable learning option.
We keep job role competence at the top and offer extensive practical accountancy training. KBM blends AAT qualification with hands-on training, allowing you to apply your knowledge practically. As your study part, you will gain computerised accounting practical training.
KBM has its own Chartered and Certified Accountants and Registered Auditors firm. The firm has ACCA Gold Level status, where you achieve your hands-on practical bookkeeping and accountancy training. This practical training fully contributes to your success. It powerfully delivers job role competence and practical training.
Also, we essentially focus on computerised accounting. Almost every business look for digital accountants. KBM will help you learn various accounting software solutions. You will learn Xero, QuickBooks, Sage, and IRIS under our Pro Advisors team's dedicated support.
Alongside qualification, accountancy training, and computerised accounting, we prepare you for success in your exams. Also, we help design your CV and interview; we supply valuable job opportunity information. KBM extend free support even after your programme completion.
Facilities at KBM
KBM offer a high-end classroom and online learning environment. We have the latest delivery infrastructure across London and Birmingham. Our solutions have the following significant success factors:
- An approved AAT training provider
- AAT-approved assessment venue
- Over 97% first attempt pass rate
- Multiple locations across London and Birmingham
- Course books provision
- Exam kit and flashcards provision
- MAAT membership full support
- Free Sage 50 and Xero Advisor certification and training
- Practical training on Sage 50 on actual business files
- CV and interview preparation and work placement
- Free licensed software installation on your laptop
Distance study and online option
We offer flexible distance learning options focusing the independent study. So you can complete your study towards the preferred date at your pace alongside your daily life. Also, you can join our online learning by following our daily, weekly, or weekend class schedules. It provides tremendous flexibility.
KBM provides free assignments, study and allied practising material in line with the AAT. You will have 24x7 access to our student portal. Our online tutors, accountants and accounting software experts will assist you. Also, KBM's support staff will promptly solve any issues that arise.
You can sign up straightforward with any previous qualification, depending on your existing skills and experience. Good English and Math standards enormously help in your success.
Previous accounting background or AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting makes you qualified. Also, you need AAT registration for assessments and exams, and KBM will assist in the registration.
The AAT level 3 accounting qualification enhances your employability potential. The qualification completion prepares for a broader range of accounting jobs; some include:
- Audit Trainee
- Tax Assistant
- Credit Controller
- Finance Assistant
- Payroll Supervisor
- Accounts Assistant
- Practice Bookkeeper
- Payroll Administrator
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Accounts Expenses Supervisor
Also, this AAT level 3 accounting diploma achievement qualifies you to progress to AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting Level 4.
Annual salary range
The salaries depend on your job location and working sector. Also, your experience's nature and length affect your salary range. You can expect an annual earnings of between £25,000 and £35,000.
You will complete The AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting in 6-12 months. However, it depends on your study method and timetable. Six to eight-hour weekly study allows you to complete the diploma in six months.
AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting Syllabus
This level 3 accounting qualification will equip you with various essential and higher-level accounting disciplines and techniques. It will deliver skills and knowledge on maintaining cost accounting records and advanced bookkeeping.
You will learn a financial processes range. Also, financial reports and returns preparation skills you will learn. This level 3 accounting course includes the following four units:
- Business Awareness
- Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Tax Processes for Businesses
You will understand the business, its environment and the influences on an organisation's structure. Further, you will analyse the business's purpose and types, key stakeholders' rights and responsibilities. Also, you will acquire accounting function and its performance knowledge.
You will understand the importance of professional ethics and ethical management within the finance function. At this unit completion, you can understand:
- Business types, structure and governance
- The legal framework in which businesses operate
- External and internal environments impact business, business performance and decisions
- How businesses and accounts comply with professional ethics principles
- New technologies impact accounting and the associated risks with data security
- How to communicate information to stakeholders
Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
You will learn to produce profit or loss statements reflecting sole traders' and partnerships' financial position. With trial balance utilisation, you will understand to do this. Also, you will develop knowledge of recording financial transactions utilising a manual bookkeeping system. To do this, you will learn valuable double-entry bookkeeping skills. The outcome will include:
- Accounting principles underlying final accounts preparation
- Advanced double-entry bookkeeping principles understanding.\
- How to implement acquisition and disposal procedures of non-current assets.
- Depreciation calculations preparation and recording
- Period end adjustments recording
- Trial balance producing and extending
- Sole traders' and partnerships' financial statements production
- Financial statements interpretation using profitability ratios
- Accounting records preparation from incomplete information
Management Accounting Techniques
This unit provides tremendous skills and knowledge for an organisation management accounting role. It also illustrates how organisations utilise this information in decision-making. Learning principles underpin management accounting methodology and techniques will you understand. Also, you will know about handling costs and why organisations treat costs differently. The unit's outcome will include:
- Management accounting purpose and utilisation within organisations
- Utilising cost dealing techniques
- Attributing costs according to organisational requirements
- How to investigate deviations from budgets
- Utilising spreadsheet techniques for management accounting information provision
- Utilising management accounting techniques to aid short-term decision-making
- Cash management principles understanding
Tax Processes for Businesses
This unit covers tax processes influencing daily business operations. It will develop your skills in understanding, preparing and submitting Value Added Tax (VAT) returns to HMRC. You will understand how to keep businesses, employers and clients compliant with laws and practices applied to VAT and payroll. At completion, you can effectively:
- Understand VAT legislation requirements
- VAT calculation
- VAT review and verification
- Payroll principles understanding
- Reporting information within the organisation.
KBM has approved the AAT assessment venue to help you. AAT test your knowledge and skills using computer-based assessments (CBAs). They require AAT-Approved assessment centres to conduct CBAs utilising PCs or laptops. The AAT marks CBAs using one of three ways:
- Fully computer marked with quick automatic result
- Fully human marked with results in six weeks
- Partially computer and human marked with results in six weeks
Synoptic assessments schedule and results
You will schedule your assessment when ready with your training provider consultation. KBM will assist you in planning your assessments. The synoptic assessments check your connections between the different study topics understanding.
You will appear for assessments at your qualification end at specific times of the year. Synoptic assessment results will release within six weeks, and you can see them using the AAT website.
Resits enormously help in improving your grading. AAT considers your highest marks for calculating your final grade. Also, you can attempt assessment many times because they have no restrictions on the attempts numbers.