Business Administrator Level 3
The Apprenticeship programme is launched to prepare learners with the fundamentals required to work in any business entity. We will support apprentice through our qualified assessors having the expertise of working in businesses who will support learners in increasing skills and knowledge need in business administration.
KBM Tutors and Teachers will deliver coaching and learning to improve knowledge, skills and behaviours to meet the requirements of the Business Administrator standard as given below:
- Knowledge – Understand of organisational activities, demonstration of organisational understanding, managing stakeholders, Understanding laws & regulations, organisational policies, the applicability of business principles, organisational processes and understanding of external factors.
- Skills – Information Technology, Record & document production, Decision making, Interpersonal skills, Communications, Quality, Planning & Organisation and Project Management.
- Behaviours – Professionalism, Personal qualities, Managing performance, Adaptability and Responsibility.
- Adults Age 18+ and School Leavers 16-18
- You will need 5 GCSE A*-D /Grade 9-3 which must include GCSE English at Grade A*-C /Grade 9-4 and Maths at Grade A*-D /Grade 9-3 or equivalent.
- Employers may stipulate higher entry requirements than those listed and should, therefore, be treated as the minimum entry criteria.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements, you may be considered on associated subject qualifications or life/work experience or upon successfully achieving the required Basic and Key Skill Builder (BKSB) results.
The administration skills and knowledge you obtained can support you to follow a career in this area. You can also progress to Level 4 Higher Level Apprenticeship.
The administration role can become a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Post Completion Tracking / Support:
After completion of the apprenticeship we continue to track and engage learners by offering support surrounding employment, including additional careers advice. KBM offers guaranteed work placements either within the KBM Group of companies or our extensive network of partners.
On & Off the Job Training & Coaching:
We meet individuals to achieve the 20% off the job learning rule & includes formal face to face teaching at our training centre &/or virtual classroom training. Practical skills training, E-learning modules & research projects / independent study assignments. Training is underpinned by 1:1 & group tutor coaching sessions (face to face/Skype). On the job training includes job shadowing, experiential learning to gain real-world skills. We always recommend a workplace mentor for learners to utilise in addition to our training services to help develop knowledge & skills & appropriate workplace behaviours & practices. Our dedicated staff will offer to coach formally & informally in sessions or via email, phone & text.
Resources/Online Technology use:
- Our solution to meeting includes diverse delivery approaches: peripatetic delivery, workplace observation, blended learning, webinars, online web resources & a dedicated student portal.
- We offer flexible delivery & timetables to suit the needs of the employer & learner.
- Our blended learning offers workplace training & assessment, off the job workshops, tutorials, online learning & interactive resources.
- Apart from the class-based learning, KBM assists learners through online videos, study material/contents and assignments.
- All learners have access to the student portal which shows all type of progress and milestones.
- KBM's admin staff is available to assist learners through all possible mediums including 1-1 tutorials on Skype, Whatsapp and Telephone.
Apprentices will build a portfolio of evidence containing examples of work-based evidence and observations to confirm competence and knowledge include:
- Personal statements
- Assessor observations
- Testimonies from Colleagues
- Evidence of questioning or discussions.
- Each Apprentice will be allocated a qualified work-based assessor from KBM who will assess the practical skills and competence in the workplace.
- Apprentices are required to complete written tests and assignments for the Certificate.
The following Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours learning outcomes will be assessed via this method:
- Payroll (Technical)
- Planning and Prioritisation
- Produces Quality and Accurate Information
- Communication and Engagement
- Professional Scepticism
The combination of Multiple-Choice, Role Simulation and Professional Discussion will build a cumulative picture of performance against the Standard. These assessment methods require Apprentices to demonstrate the application of Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in an integrated manner to deliver the required outcomes, enabling the End-Point Assessor to make a holistic judgment about how well the Apprentice meets or exceeds the Standard.
- Awarding Body: Payroll Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3 is accredited by international recognised AAT
- Duration: 18 to 24 months
- Job Roles: The apprentice can fully perform and cover but not limited to the following job roles:
- - Payroll Administrator
- - Payroll Junior
- - Payroll Assistant
- - Payroll Officer
- - Payroll Clerk
- - Payroll Advisor
- - Payroll Executive
- - Payroll Analyst
- - Reward Administrator
- - Bureau Administrator
- - HR and Payroll Officer