AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
This AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting offers a strong accountancy understanding. We further empower it with our hands-on practical accounting training with work experience. Also, it will deliver valuable accounting and job-ready skills. These skills tremendously help in kick-starting your accounting and finance career.
Studying at KBM
The AAT level 2 accounting qualification focuses on entry-level to junior accounting job roles. You will learn core accounting skills like double-entry bookkeeping and basic costing. So you will acquire an excellent foundation in accounting and finance administration.
Also, the AAT level 2 covers offers sales, purchase, and general ledgers preparation skills. You will learn about accountancy-related business and personal skills. These skills include the four key themes of technology, ethics, communications and sustainability.
At KBM, our certified accounting tutors, accountants and finance experts will provide dedicated support. They will help in your AAT assessments and exam preparation. Also, our Pro Advisors will train you on multiple accounting software such as Sage, Xero, QuickBooks, IRIS, Advanced Excell, Brightpay etc.
We blend the AAT qualifications with our hands-on practical accountancy training. It delivers tremendous workplace competency skills. Hence, you will become capable of working independently. Also, it is a unique opportunity for accounting work experience.
KBM will deliver practical accountancy training in its ACCA Gold level Chartered and Certified Accountants and Registered Auditors' firm. Our chartered and certified accountants will supervise your training activity. You will practically work on our actual client files to boost your competency.
Success factors at KBM
KBM, alongside qualification and training, help your exams and assessment preparation. We have an over 95% success rate. The success factors at KBM include:
- AAT accredited and approved training provider
- Expert classroom-based support
- Expert online learning support
- Practical training integration with AAT subjects, the best study and practical combination
- KBM dedicated e-portfolio books your training at any time. You can choose any KBM centre in North, West and East London and Birmingham
- Free e-portfolio for tracking your performance and training milestones integrated into academic modules of the AAT
- CPD Certification is essential to becoming an AAT Member. The certification has integration with all AAT levels
- Weekend and evening classes availability
- Three certificates (AAT, CPD and computerised accounting, either XERO, SAGE, or QuickBooks)
- CV preparation and interview preparation with job hunting tips
Distance learning options
KBM offers a distance learning option if you prefer an independent study at your own pace and time towards your preferred completion date. We will provide study and practice materials per the AAT requirements. This learning is ideally flexibility that suits your daily schedule. Our tutors will help you through our online student portal during your programme's tenure.
This qualification doesn't require any previous academic or work background. However, good English and Maths enhance your success chances. School or university leavers have perfect suitability for the qualification. Also, the qualification helps if you are looking for a career change.
You need to register with the AAT. We have our approved AAT exams and assessment centre at KBM. KBM will help in the AAT registration and appearance for their exams.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting allows various employment opportunities in the accounting and finance sector. You will become qualified for different roles like:
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounting Administrator
- Semi-senior Bookkeeper
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Sales Ledger Clerk
This AAT accounting level provides progression to the next AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
Average salary range
Depending on experience, and accounting roles, your salary may vary from £20,000 to £30,000 annually.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting usually takes around 12 months. However, you can complete it quickly in 6 months if you study 6-8 hours a week.
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting Syllabus
This AAT level 2 qualification lays a solid foundation in finance administration and core accounting skills. You will learn double-entry bookkeeping and basic costing. Also, the qualification will deliver purchase, sales and general ledgers understanding. The AAT level 2 accounting syllabus modules include:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Principles of Bookkeeping Controls
- Principles of Costing
- The Business Environment
Introduction to Bookkeeping
You will acquire manual and digital bookkeeping systems understanding. It will include the associated documentation and processes. You will learn double-entry bookkeeping systems basic principles. At completion, you will understand:
- how to set up bookkeeping systems
- Customer transactions processing
- Supplier transactions processing
- Receipts and payments processing
- how to process transactions in ledger accounts
Principles of Bookkeeping Controls
This 2nd AAT Level 2 Accounting unit will build your knowledge and skills from the previous Introduction to Bookkeeping unit. It also offers control accounts, journals and reconciliations skills.
Further, this unit will develop your capability of preparing the value-added tax (VAT) control accounts, payables and receivables ledger accounts. It will include error correction, initial trial balance redrafting, and adjusting entries. Also, you will know how to use the journal to record various transactions. The Principles of Bookkeeping Controls unit skills delivery include:
- Control accounts utilisation
- Bank statement reconciling with the cash book
- The Journal utilisation
- Trial balances production
Principles of Costing
This unit will introduce basic costing principles. It offers knowledge and skills for more complex costing and management accounting tasks. Also, it focuses on the importance of a learning costing system, considering it an information source. It further helps management in planning, decision-making, and controlling costs. The Principles of Costing unit delivers:
- An organisation's cost recording system understanding
- Cost recording techniques utilisation
- Actual and budgeted cost and income information provision
- Tools and techniques utilisation in supporting cost calculations
The Business Environment
You will gain key business concepts understanding. It will include these concepts' practical applications. So you can apply them in your work's external and internal environment. Further, you will understand the legal system and contract law principles.
You will understand how organisations are structured and where the finance function fits. Also, you will know to appreciate the legal implications of setting up a business and the consequences. The Business Environment unit delivers understanding about:
- Principles of contract law
- External business environment
- Key corporate social responsibility (CSR), ethics, and sustainability.
- Setting up different types of business entities impacts
- An organisation's finance understanding
- Work production using appropriate formats and how to communicate effectively
- Importance of the information to business operations
The AAT will assess your knowledge and skills through the unit and synoptic assessment combination.
The unit assessment will examine your knowledge and skills gained from the study; the AAT assessments are:
- Available on demand throughout the year
- Requires AAT-approved assessment venues; KBM has its AAT-approved assessment venue to help you
- Provides quicker results in 24 hours for computerised exam marking
- Checked by the AAT assessors, they mark your assessments where required
The synoptic assessment comes once the other unit assessments are complete. It tests your knowledge and skills acquired from the other units.
You will avail your computerised assessment result within 24 hours using your MYAAT account. The assessment results that AAT assessors marks come at a later date. Also, you can see your results on the AAT website directly.
You will need a minimum 70% competency level in each unit and synoptic assessment, making you qualify to obtain the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
AAT calculate your final grade on the highest marks basis, and the resits are an excellent choice for improving your qualification grades. The resits have no limitations on attempt numbers.