AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
You can advance your accounting expertise from the AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting. KBM offer full support in delivering accounting competence through this diploma. Also, you can get started with any existing qualification.
Alongside preparing for a job, this AAT level 4 professional diploma offers self-employment and freelancing. Also, it enormously helps you gain MAAT and AATQB memberships. The MAAT and AATQB memberships also allow you to run your accountancy business.
Hence, this diploma brings tremendous accounting and bookkeeping capabilities. It offers complex accounting and finance topics and tasks knowledge. You will gain skills wide range, becoming confident with financial management and applications.
Also, you will understand how to draft limited companies' financial statements. Further, you will learn to recommend accounting systems strategies alongside constructing and presenting complex management accounting reports and tasks.
Studying AAT level 4 diploma at KBM
KBM has become every student and learner's choice because of its accounting sector's contribution covering over three decades. The blended learning delivery has made KBM a centre of accounting excellence. Hence, KBM support makes your learning successful; our AAT first attempt pass rate is over 97%.
We have high-end learning resources across London and Birmingham. Our tutors, expert accounting and finance professionals help you achieve your qualification successfully. Also, we treat our students individually, making your learning experience tremendous.
KBM blends AAT qualifications with hands-on practical accountancy and bookkeeping training. Hence, you can apply your qualification's knowledge practically and effectively. Also, it boosts your workplace capability to perform at your workplace promptly.
At KBM, you will practice accountancy under our high calibre chartered and certified accountants. We have our in-house ACCA Gold Level Chartered and Certified Accountants and Registered Auditors for your accountancy training. Here, you will have a tremendous opportunity of working on our actual clients' files to help you become capable at your workplace.
On the other hand, KBM significantly focuses on accountancy software solutions learning, every employer's choice. We have our Pro Advisors panel at KBM. They will help you learn various accounting software like Sage, QuickBooks, XERO, IRIS, MS Advanced Excel etc.
Also, we will help you prepare for your AAT exams. Further, you will gain valuable recruitment support at KBM. We will provide you with the latest job market information; help with CV and interview preparation. KBM also connects you with employers with open vacancies.
The other significant learning factors at KBM include:
- AAT-approved training provider
- AAT-approved assessment venue
- Chartered and certified accountancy workplace
- Multiple locations across London and Birmingham
- Course books, exam kit and flashcards provision
- Full support in gaining MAAT and AATQB membership
- Free Sage 50 and Xero Advisor certification
- Free practical training on Sage 50 on actual business files
- Free licensed software installation on your laptop or PC
- 24x7 student portal access
Distance and online learning delivery
We offer flexible distance and online learning solutions alongside the classroom. These solutions are fully flexible and do not disturb your daily life routine. It provides liberty to achieve your qualification at your own pace and schedule.
Our online tutors and support staff help you achieve your goals. You will utilise our online student portal. Further, KBM will provide free AAT assignments, study, and practising material. Also, it allows you to adjust your learning schedule, suitable for you.
AAT does not require any specific background. Depending on your existing skills and experience, you can start it. However, good English and Math competency enhances the best chance of your success. Also, you can test your knowledge with the AAT Skillcheck tool.
The AAT Diploma in Professional Accounting Level 4 perfectly suits you if you have already achieved AAT Level 2 and AAT Level 3 qualifications. Further, you can assess yourself using AAT Skillcheck. It ensures your particular qualification readiness. Also, your strong accounting foundation or accountancy experience helps to get started.
Jobs and Progression
The AAT level 4 accounting qualification boosts your employability potential. It provides well-paid job opportunities broader range, including:
- Senior Insolvency Administrator
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Accounts Expenses Supervisor
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Senior Fund Accountant
- Fixed Asset Accountant
- Senior Finance Officer
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Commercial Analyst
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Payments Manager
- VAT Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Payroll Manager
- Billing Manager
- Tax Supervisor
The programme completion leads to AAT full member (MAAT) and AATQB membership. Also, you will obtain exemptions on a fast-track route towards Chartered Accountant status. The following Chartered Accounting bodies offer exemptions for AAT students:
Average annual salary
Experience, accounting roles, and job locations create salary variation. However, your annual average income will be around £40,000 as you advance and gain more experience.
The AAT Level 4 accounting qualification completion requires between 12 and 18 months. Further, it depends on your choice and schedule to set your completion date.
AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting Syllabus
This AAT level 4 accounting qualification covers complex accounting and finance topics and tasks. It delivers advanced-level financial management skills and applications. You will learn how to draft limited companies' financial statements.
Further, you will become capable of recommending accounting systems strategies alongside constructing and presenting complex management accounting reports and tasks. The qualification includes the following three mandatory units:
- Applied Management Accounting
- Drafting and Interpreting Financial Statements
- Internal Accounting Systems and Controls
Also, you will complete two optional specialist units from the following five of your choice:
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- Audit and Assurance
- Cash and Financial Management
- Credit and Debt Management
Three Mandatory Units | Select all
1. Applied Management Accounting
You will understand undertaking the budgetary process. It will offer skills on how to evaluate organisational performance critically. Also, the unit provides to construct budgets alongside identifying and reporting success and concern areas to stakeholders.
At completion, you have:
- Organisational planning process understanding and implementation skills
- Utilisation skills for internal processes to enhance operational control
- Utilisation techniques to help short and long-term decision-making
- Analysing and reporting skills on business performance
2. Drafting and Interpreting Financial Statements
It will help you understand drafting single limited companies' financial statements. You will also learn to prepare groups of companies' consolidated financial statements. It ensures your proficient international accounting standards knowledge and understanding to apply while drafting financial statements.
It will focus on limited company financial statement preparation. Also, you will acquire valuable knowledge of regulatory and conceptual frameworks. At completion you:
- Can understand reporting financial frameworks
- Know how to draft consolidated financial statements
- Can draft limited companies' statutory financial statements
- Know how to use ratio analysis for interpreting financial statements
3. Internal Accounting Systems and Controls
You will gain knowledge about the accounting function's role and responsibilities. It offers how to utilise financial reports for key stakeholders' decision-making. Also, you will learn to review the accounting system to identify weaknesses.
You will also understand how to recommend future operational weaknesses' mitigation. Further, you will understand how to apply several analytical methods for evaluating changes and implications to operating procedures. At completion you:
- Have you an organisation's accounting function role and responsibilities understanding
- Have internal control systems evaluation skills
- Can evaluate an organisation's accounting system and its procedures
- Know the technology impact on accounting systems understanding
- Can recommend an organisation's accounting systems improvements
Five optional specialist units | Select any 2 units
1. Business Tax
It develops your UK business taxation understanding. You will learn to compute sole traders, partnerships and limited companies' business taxes. Further, you will understand how to maintain ethical standards.
Also, you will know how to identify tax planning opportunities. This unit learning outcome includes:
- Sole traders and partnerships tax computations preparation
- Limited commpanies tax computations preparation
- Preparing limited companies tax computations for capital assets sale
- UK's tax regime administrative requirements' understanding
- Business disposals tax implications' understanding
- Tax relief and tax planning opportunities alongside the agent's taxation reporting responsibilities to HMRC
2. Personal Tax
You will acquire the three most common taxes that affect UK taxpayers' fundamental knowledge. These taxes apply to income, capital gains and inheritance. You will learn to prepare the computational tax aspects, where appropriate, and appreciate how taxpayers legally minimise their overall tax liability.
At completion you:
- Have principles and rules understanding that underpin taxation systems
- Can calculate UK taxpayers' total income
- Can carry out UK taxpayers' income tax and national insurance contributions (NICs) calculations
- Know how to calculate UK taxpayers' capital gains tax
- Can understand inheritance tax principles
3. Audit and Assurance
You will understand audit and assurance principles and concepts alongside the audit process. It will start from planning and risk assessment to final completion. Further, you will understand audit and assurance services' legal and professional rules.
Also, you will learn to produce the audit report alongside getting a practical perspective on audit and assurance. It will emphasise the current systems' audit and assurance application techniques. At completion, you have:
- Audit and assurance framework demonstration and understanding
- Professional ethics importance demonstration
- Evaluating audit and assurance planning process expertise
- Review and report findings skills
4. Cash and Financial Management
You will learn an organisation's cash management importance. It will include knowledge and skills about financing and investment-informed decisions according to organisational policies and external regulations.
You will learn how to eliminate non-cash items and use various techniques to prepare cash budgets. Also, you will know how to identify current and future cash transactions from sources range. At completion, you will have command over:
- Cash receipts and payments forecasts
- Cash budgets and monitor cash flows preparation
- Importance of managing finance and liquidity understanding
- Understanding of finance and investment funds raising ways
- Regulations and organisational policies' knowledge influence decisions in managing cash and finance.
5. Credit and Debt Management
You will learn appropriate debt management systems skills from this unit. It also delivers knowledge of applying effective credit control systems principles. Further, the unit will introduce assessing credit risk techniques. Also, you will gain relevant policies, legislation and ethical principles understanding. The unit's outcome will include:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and contracts law impacting the credit control environment
- How to use the information to assess credit risk and grant credit alongside complying with organisational policies and procedures
- Understand an organisation's managing and collecting debts credit control processes
- Different debt collection available techniques
AAT will assess your knowledge and skills using a unit and a synoptic assessment combination. The unit assessment will examine your knowledge and skills in the study units; the assessments are:
- Available on your demand, mainly throughout the year
- At AAT-approved assessment venues, KBM has its approved assessment venue to assist you
- Computerised assessments result comes within 24 hours
- Subject to AAT assessors' marking
The synoptic assessment arrives at the end once the other unit assessments are complete. It will check the knowledge and skills variety you acquired from other units.
Getting your results
The computerised assessment comes within 24 hours in your MYAAT account. The AAT assessors marked assessments' results come at a later date. Also, AAT publishes your results on their website, where timescales vary.
AAT calculates the final grade on your highest marks basis. You have an unlimited resits option, which is also helpful in improving your grades. However, consultation with your tutor will be beneficial for revision before attempting the resit.