AAT Level 2 Syllabus
KBM Training & Recruitment Ltd. (KBM) is happy to explain the Syllabus and Career Pathways of the AAT Level 2.
AAT Level 2 is a foundation certificate which will bring an advantage to prove your capability and devotion to the potential employers."
AAT statement "To confirm the sector relevance, and continued compliance with the up-to-date educational policy - improvement of the AAT Accounting Qualifications is a requirement."
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting has five mandatory units which will take 210 hours of guided learning. The AAT Level 2 syllabus is covering five groups to deliver the skills and knowledge to start essential accounting roles.
We will explain here the following essential points:
- AAT Level 2 General Syllabus
- AAT Level 2 - Grading System
- Restrictions on the Re-Sit
- AAT Level 2 Career Pathways
AAT Level 2 General Syllabus
If you are starting a career journey towards bookkeeping, the is the first step to the full AAT affiliation. AAT Level 2 will provide you with a foundation of critical bookkeeping skills which you can utilise throughout your career & remaining AAT qualifications. The syllabus would cover:
- Introduction to Payroll
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Elements of Costing
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Using Accounting Software
- Developing Lifelong Learning Skills
- Business Communications and Personal Skills
- Introduction to Business and Company Law
Unit No. 1: Bookkeeping Transactions
This unit will provide knowledge and skills through the fundamentals of double-entry bookkeeping, procedures and the related systems. It will enable students to use various accounting books like "the prime entry and ledger to practice" and "recording financial booklets". Through doing so, you will study the following sections:
- Understanding the Principles of Processing Financial Transactions
- Ledger Transactions Processing and Extracting a Trial Balance
- Maintaining Petty Cash Records
- Understanding the Double Entry Book Keeping System
- Maintaining the Cash Book
- Understanding Discounts
- Processing of Supplier Invoices & Credit Notes and Calculate Payments
- Prepare and process financial documentation for customers/clients.
Unit No. 2: Bookkeeping Controls
Here, you will cover the essential points like control accounts and journals, settlement of balances and applying modifications as well as re-working where necessary/the trial balance. You will also learn the banking system, studying each of the units will provide learning on the following:
- Understanding about the purpose & use of control journals and accounts.
- Knowledge about the retention and storage requirements about banking documents
- Maintaining and use control accounts
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes and payment calculation
- Maintaining and using the journal
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes and fees calculation
- Reconciling bank statements with the cash books
Unit No. 3: Elements of Costing
This unit will develop the knowledge to use cost record systems to formulate information relating to income & expenditure, and upon experiencing this, you can establish comparison for identification of any inconsistencies and differences between predictable and actual figures and communication of this information using worksheets. This unit includes the three sections:
- Understanding the cost system within an organisation
- To be able to use the cost recording system to record or extracting data
- Use of spreadsheets to provide information on actual and budgeted income and expenditures
Unit No. 4: Using Accounting Software
This unit will lead you through to accounting software, make you competent and capable to use accounting software to:
- Enter transactions
- Conduct settlements
- Address mistakes
- Making reports
Through this unit, you will be exploring:
- Entering accounting data at the time of starting an accounting period
- Recording Supplier Transactions
- Recording and reconciling bank and cash transactions
- Recording customer transactions,
- You are capable of using journals to enter accounting transactions
- Maintain the safety & security of data of the accounting system
- Production of reports
Unit No. 5: Work Effectively In Finance
It is a skills-based unit, and you will learn how to use your existing knowledge and numeracy skills to work efficiently in accounting roles. You will also be exploring how to manage your time to maximise the output. The unit will debate on the following topics:
- Understanding the accounting payroll function within an organisation
- Understanding sustainable values
- You are capable of using a variety of communication skills
- Work independently or work as a part of a team
- Understanding ethical values and principles
- Developing skills and knowledge to meet personal and organisational needs
- Sustainable benefits' understanding
AAT Level 2 - Grading System
AAT will give students a final grade in AQ2016 Qualifications. AAT level 2 syllabus covers and accesses through an exam.
- Distinction 90-100 %
- Merit 80-90 %
- Pass 70-79 %
- Unclassified 0- 69 % (requires more assessment)
All units of the syllabus of AAT level 2 and synoptic assessments within the qualification will count on the final grade.
Restrictions on the Re-Sit
Students of the UK between the ages of 16-19 years learning any of the AAT qualifications given below will be limited in the re-sit numbers:
- Students will only be attempting each evaluation twice within 12 months period.
- Students will be studying finance, accounting, business and essential communications soft skills.
AAT Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business Level 2
The diploma enhances and increases the additional business skills which have specific relevance on them who are working in accounting, bookkeeping and general business functions.
The certification is a perfect starting point for anyone seeking a career in accounting and finance. The purpose of this certification is to offer a foundation in the core accounting knowledge, competence and skills needed to progress.
The base for this diploma is double-entry bookkeeping at foundation level, which leads to the financial reports of limited companies.
AAT Level 2: Career Pathways
AAT Foundation Certificate Level 2 will make you competent and capable to perform the job roles like:
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Assistant
- Payroll Administrator
- Purchase / Sales Ledger Clerk
- Payroll Officer
- Trainee Accounts Technician
- Tax Assistant/Trainee
KBM Training & Recruitment Ltd. is an approved training provider providing hands-on practical training in London through its renowned accountants and industry experts.
We welcome all individuals coming from diverse backgrounds, and the individuals desire to apply for better jobs within the accounting and bookkeeping sector.
Please visit KBM or Contact us via email or telephone.