Maths Functional Skills
KBM is helping learners in entering the universities by offering Functional Skills in Math course. The course aims is to promote mathematical thinking and transferable skills.
Maths Skills are essential and vital for young people and adults to participate in life, learning and work. Functional Skills qualifications offer easier and flexible methods to gain a nationally recognised qualification suited for further education, college, university and employment without fulfilling the GCSE Qualifications requirements.
The courses is suited for the adult learners applying for university admissions for GCSE, in addition to the suitability for the access courses.
KBM Functional Skills Qualifications in English is accredited by well-recognised Gateway Qualifications.
The course is equaliser of the GCSE Maths requirements of universities, colleges and employers:
- Functional Skills Qualifications in Mathematics Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE Grade C.
- Functional Skills Qualifications in Mathematics Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D.
Our diagnostic test will define how and what you study on your course. If learner is working at Entry Level and desired to gain Level 2, we will help you to work through our e-learning course, use our resources and provide support until you meet the desired outcome. The course consists of 4 contents:
- Working with numbers (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing)
- Common measures (money, time, length, weight, capacity)
- Fractions, decimals, percentages and ratios
- Shape and space, reading charts, tables and graphs
- The course contents are created on the 3 elements:
- Representing – identifying problems and choosing the maths needed to solve
- Analysing – applying the maths and checking the answers
- Interpretation – draw conclusions and communicate the results
Length of Course & Completion
The length of course is 6 weeks with 3 to 4 conduct/study hours per week. The course have flexible option for completion in 6 months.
We offer very flexible and customised approach for Skills Planning on individual basis. Our expert teacher will assist you for the completion on the desired pace and suitability.
The online course / e-learning solution for Functional Skills in Maths Level 1 or Level 2 have 6 easier stages to complete.
Stage 1 - Initial assessment
We conduct an initial assessment to identify your existing educational / academic level.
Stage 2 - Diagnostic Assessment
Diagnostic assessment help to analyse and judge the aspects relating to the competency and potential areas requiring further improvement.
Stage 3 - Interactive Learning Resources
Interactive learning resources would be provided as per the result of your diagnostic assessment. This includes various information, quizzes and further assessments.
Stage 4 - Skills Checks
Skills checks are conducted on the completion of each learning resource at the completion of each module to ensure that you are in complete understanding of the specific subject.
Stage 5: Exam Practicing
After going through all the learning resources and working at the chosen level, KBM will provide 2 practice papers to solve. Our expert tutors will check and give a response.
Stage 6: Examination
Exams will be scheduled upon your suitability and availability. Your need to attend our Centre for the exams.
By the completion of Level 1, the learner can pursue Level 2 which makes them eligible to progress into the further study with colleges and universities who require GCSE or Equivalent qualification for the admissions.
Online Learning Platform
The online e-learning Functional Skills in Maths, are completed on our online learning platform to meet the tailor-made demands of the learner and their fast track progression. We provide round-the-clock access to the e-learning solution works through the Internet. Some of the significant qualities of the solution include:
- Progress Bar reflect the percentage of course completion.
- Messaging system connects you with your tutor.
- Additional Support from administration staff available to you when required.
- Course Criteria is included in the e-learning solution which needs to fulfil.
- Learning Material is in your quick access via e-learning solution.
- Highly Experienced Tutors Support is readily available to assist learners during the currency of the course.
- KBM’s admin staff is available to help learners through all possible mediums including 1-1 tutorials on Skype, Whatsapp and Telephone.
KBM is specialised training provider for online and classroom-based courses with a mission to provide high-quality learning outcomes.
- KBM has a solid track record of successful learners
- The courses are accredited through well-recognised awarding body Gateway Qualifications.
- The courses have fast track progression outcome
- Simplified courses compatible through e-learning/distance learning
- High-quality service on very economical charges.
- Expert online tutors & assessors
- On-site IQA & Moderator
- Technical support available from 09:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
Retakes if unsuccessful
KBM has 93% pass rate. If you are not passed, the retakes option on £50.00 + VAT can be taken.