Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Level 4
Professional Accounting Technician Apprentice will be able to create, verify, review, accurate and timely financial information to meet relevant professional and legal standards. Apprentices will be provided with options to focus on accounting/tax to learn them the main features of accountancy like business awareness, HMRC, regulations, compliance, systems and processes.
KBM Tutors and Teachers will deliver coaching and learning to improve knowledge, skills and behaviours to meet the requirements of the professional accounting taxation technician standard as given below:
- Knowledge – Technical knowledge of Accounting or Taxation, Business Awareness, Ethical Standards, Regulation & Compliance, Systems and Processes.
- Skills – Analysis, Communication, Leadership, Planning and Prioritisation, Production of Quality & Accurate Information, Team Working & Collaboration, Uses Systems and Processes.
- Behaviours – Adaptability, Adding Value, Ethics & Integrity, Proactivity, Professional Scepticism
- Adults Age 18+ and School Leavers 16-18
- You will need 5 x GCSE A*-C /Grade 9-4 which must include GCSE English and maths at Grade A*-C/Grade 9-4 or equivalent.
- Employers may stipulate higher entry requirements than those listed and should, therefore, be treated as the minimum entry criteria.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements, you may be considered on associated subject qualifications or life/work experience or upon successfully achieving the required Basic and Key Skill Builder (BKSB) results.
The Professional Accounting/Tax Technician standard allows student registration with a number of UK Professional Bodies in this sector.
If a candidate seeks to become a member of a Professional Body there may be other requirements specific to the relevant Professional Body, which may be taken as part of, or alongside, the Apprenticeship at the employer’s and candidate’s discretion.
Completion of the Professional Accounting/Tax Technician Apprenticeship may lead to the candidate receiving credits towards the completion of the Professional Accountant/Tax Apprenticeship or Chartered Accountancy/Taxation qualifications provided by the relevant Professional Bodies. Completion of the Professional Accounting/Tax Technician Apprenticeship may also result in credits being awarded towards relevant undergraduate degree programmes.
Post Completion Tracking / Support:
After completion of the apprenticeship we continue to track and engage learners by offering support surrounding employment, including additional careers advice. KBM offers guaranteed work placements either within the KBM Group of companies or our extensive network of partners.
On & Off the Job Training & Coaching:
We meet individual to achieve the 20% off the job learning rule & includes formal face to face teaching at our training centre &/or virtual classroom training. Practical skills training, E-learning modules & research projects / independent study assignments. Training is underpinned by 1:1 & group tutor coaching sessions (face to face/Skype). On the job training includes job shadowing, experiential learning to gain real-world skills. We always recommend a workplace mentor for learners to utilise in addition to our training services to help develop knowledge & skills & appropriate workplace behaviours & practices. Our dedicated staff will offer to coach formally & informally in sessions or via email, phone & text.
Resources/Online Technology use:
- Our solution to meeting includes diverse delivery approaches: peripatetic delivery, workplace observation, blended learning, webinars, online web resources & a dedicated student portal.
- We offer flexible delivery & timetables to suit the needs of the employer & learner.
- Our blended learning offers workplace training & assessment, off the job workshops, tutorials, online learning & interactive resources.
- Apart from the class-based learning, KBM assists learners through online videos, study material/contents and assignments.
- All learners have access to the student portal which shows all type of progress and milestones.
- KBM's admin staff is available to assist learners through all possible mediums including 1-1 tutorials on Skype, Whatsapp and Telephone.
- Continued assessment and review through formative and summative assessments would be done during the apprenticeship.
- The assessment methods may include completion of assignments, workbooks, reflective accounts, discussions, knowledge tests, observations etc.
- When the competence level is gained, the apprentice will go through an independent endpoint assessment carried out by an external assessor.
Apprentices will be required to complete a Role Simulation that will synoptically assess the application of Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours demanded from Employers. It is designed to assess Apprentices consistently, regardless of job role or specialism. The Role Simulation will be developed and hosted by the Assessment Organisation.
The overall determination of whether the Apprentice has achieved competency will be carried out by the Assessment Organisation who will have oversight of the outcome of both components of the End-point Assessment. The Assessment Organisation will provide ultimate control and independence of the End-point Assessment.
- Awarding Body: Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Apprenticeship Level 4 is accredited by international recognised AAT
- Duration: 18 to 24 months
- Job Roles: The apprentice can fully perform and cover but not limited to the following job roles:
- - Professional Accounting/Tax Technician Assistant Auditor
- - Assistant Management Accountant
- - Assistant Financial Accountant
- - Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- - Commercial Analyst
- - Payroll Manager
- - Senior Bookkeeper
- - Senior Financial Officer
- - Tax Investigations Officer
- - Personal Tax Assistant
- - Business Tax Assistant