Assistant Accountant Level 3
The apprentice will develop skills and expertise in complex financial processes like final accounts, financial reports and returns, spreadsheet usage for accountants, VAT returns and professional ethics. At completion, the learner will be able to carry out routine financial activities and support for businesses and organisations of all sizes and types.
KBM Tutors and Teachers will deliver coaching and learning to improve knowledge, skills and behaviours to meet the requirements of the assistant accounting standard as given below:
- Knowledge – Business Awareness, IT Systems and Processes, Ethical Standards, Financial Accounting and Reporting and Management Accounting.
- Skills – Analysis, Communication, Production of Quality / Accurate Information, Uses Systems & Processes and Problem Solving.
- Behaviours – Embracing Change, Adding Value, Ethics & Integrity, Personal Accountability, Productivity, Team working and Collaboration.
- Adults Age 18+ and School Leavers 16-18
- You will need 5 GCSE A*-C /Grade 9-4 which must include English and Maths or equivalent & an AAT L3 or equivalent level accounting qualification.
- Employers may stipulate higher entry requirements than those listed and should, therefore, be treated as the minimum entry criteria.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements, you may be considered on associated subject qualifications or life/work experience or upon successfully achieving the required Basic and Key Skill Builder (BKSB) results.
Ensuring full competency as an Assistant Accountant, the standard provides the foundation for progression into a number of career paths in the Accounting sector including Audit Trainee, Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant.
Post Completion Tracking / Support:
After completion of the apprenticeship we continue to track and engage learners by offering support surrounding employment, including additional careers advice. KBM offers guaranteed work placements either within the KBM Group of companies or our extensive network of partners.
On & Off the Job Training & Coaching:
We meet individual to achieve the 20% off the job learning rule & includes formal face to face teaching at our training centre &/or virtual classroom training. Practical skills training, E-learning modules & research projects / independent study assignments. Training is underpinned by 1:1 & group tutor coaching sessions (face to face/Skype). On the job training includes job shadowing, experiential learning to gain real-world skills. We always recommend a workplace mentor for learners to utilise in addition to our training services to help develop knowledge & skills & appropriate workplace behaviours & practices. Our dedicated staff will offer coaching formally & informally in sessions or via email, phone & text.
Resources/Online Technology use:
- Our solution to meeting includes diverse delivery approaches: peripatetic delivery, workplace observation, blended learning, webinars, online web resources & a dedicated student portal.
- We offer flexible delivery & timetables to suit the needs of the employer & learner.
- Our blended learning offers workplace training & assessment, off the job workshops, tutorials, online learning & interactive resources.
- Apart from the class-based learning, KBM assists learners through online videos, study material/contents and assignments.
- All learners have access to the student portal which shows all type of progress and milestones.
- KBM's admin staff is available to assist learners through all possible mediums including 1-1 tutorials on Skype, Whatsapp and Telephone.
- Apprentices will be assessed in two ways; examinations and practical skills tests.
- Exams – These are set and marked by the AAT, and are held on regular basis as per the availability and suitability.
- Skills tests and simulations – These tests assess how to apply technical knowledge to real life (or simulated) situations. If Apprentices take the NVQ/SVQ route, they usually compile real-life work tests into a portfolio.
- There will be assignments and tests related to Key Skills.
Synoptic Test is conducted for 3 hours include:
- IT Systems
- Ethical Standards
- Financial Accounting
- Problem Solving
The final assessment will be made by an independent endpoint assessment organisation. Both endpoint assessments detailed in our plan will be provided by the Independent Assessment Organisation who will set and mark the synoptic test and assess the portfolio and reflective discussion.