AAT Level 2 - Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounting
Qualification Over view
AAT Level 2 has two alternatives.
- Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (2 Courses)
- Foundation Certificate in Accounting (5 Courses)
AAT Level 2 Qualification overview?
is the beginner level of your full AAT accounting qualification and successful career in accounting and finance. This qualification gives you a foundation level understanding of different kind of financial transactions within a bookkeeping job role.
In you will have a comprehensive understanding of important financial activities like managing customers and supplier records, recording invoices, credit notes, bank reconciliation, discount calculations and taking the figures to the trial balance level.
This AAT level also covers payment methods, recording journals, dealing with bank reconciliations
Success Factor at KBM Training and Recruitment
- AAT accredited and approved training provider.
- Expert classroom-based support available
- Practical training and AAT subjects integrated to make sure you get the best of them both.
- A dedicated e-portfolio to book your training, any time seven days a week at our North, West and East London and Birmingham offices.
- Free e-portfolio to track your performance and training milestones integrated into academic modules of AAT
- CPD Certification essential to become an AAT Member integrated with all AAT Levels.
- Weekend and evening classes are available.
- Three certificates from 1 course - 1 from AAT,1 from CPD and 1 from either SAGE, XERO or QuickBooks*
- CV preparation, mock interview and Job hunting support available
What is covered in AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounting?
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understand payment methods
- Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
- Use control accounts
- Use the journal
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
Work Effectively in Finance
- Understand the finance function within an organisation
- Use personal skills development in the finance
- Produce work effectively
- Understand corporate social responsibility (CSR), ethics and sustainability within organisations
Using Accounting Software
- Set up accounting software
- Process sales and purchases transactions
- Process bank and cash transactions
- Perform period end routine tasks
- Produce reports
Elements of Costing
- Understand the cost recording system within an organisation
- Use cost recording techniques
- Provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income
Further Job Progression
- Sales Ledger
- Purchase Ledger
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts Payable