AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping | AAT Bookkeeping Level 2
AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping or AAT Level 2 courses provide you the essential skills and knowledge you need to manage books effectively. This AAT course is designed for provide learners a solid introduction to manual double entry bookkeeping including associated documents and processes, details about how to prepare Trail Balances and standards that is a great starting point for anyone who want to start a career in the accounting field.
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping covers all the areas of Ledgers maintenance and Bank reconciliations. You will learn how to take accounts from source to trial balance level including debits and credits. There are two units in this certificate;
1) Bookkeeping Transactions
- Details about double-entry bookkeeping, how to integrate books of prime entry and describe coding system functions.
- How to Prepare and process customer and supplier invoices and credit notes.
- Essential knowledge about discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences.
- Papering and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book.
- Handling ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
- How to Totalling, balancing and reconciling petty cash records within an analysed petty cash book.
2) Bookkeeping Controls
- Understanding the purpose and use of control accounts and journals.
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book.
- Understanding requirements of retention and storage relating to banking documents
- Managing and using control accounts and the journal.
- Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies
- We have 97% pass rate which means candidates are more likely to pass with KBM.
You can get AAt Level 2 tuition for FREE if you join any of our Practical Accountancy Training program.
The Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping can lead to employment as:
- Trainee Bookkeeper.
- Accounts Clerk.
- Finance Assistant.
- Accounts Administrator
Your starting salary can be anything between £16,000 - £22,000.