Bookkeeping Courses in Birmingham
Bookkeeping is the process of to the organising and recording financial documents such as Invoices, Credit Notes, maintaining ledgers and performing Bank Reconciliation. Bookkeeping is the first basic step of the accounting process and with proper bookkeeping, you are able to know how much progress the business has made over time.
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping is included FREE in this training program.
We at KBM Training and Recruitment with the collaboration of our partner company KBM Chartered Certified Accountants provide Practical Bookkeeping Courses in Birmingham on real company files under the supervision of qualified accountant using Sage 50, QuickBooks and Excel. All of our trainers have worked in the industry and accountancy practices so will be able to share their experience to make sure you are job ready at the end of the training program.
Contents of Practical Bookkeeping Course
- Setting up companies either using various VAT schemes, i.e Standard VAT Scheme, Cash Accounting Scheme, Flat Rate Scheme, Marginal VAT Scheme
- Choosing the chart of accounts that suits the ﬁrm's needs and its customisation
- Understanding how double entry is applied in accounting software and how to customise the nominal ledger and nominal codes
- Setting up customers’ and suppliers accounts
- Processing invoices and credit notes
- Generating reports customer/supplier invoices
- Generating customer/supplier statements and reconciling them
- Generating aged debtors and aged creditors reports for credit control purposes
- Understanding CIS deductions and processing invoice containing CIS element
- Understanding reverse charge and processing invoice containing reverse charge element
- Identifying errors and performing error corrections
- Allocating cash payments and receipts
- Allocating bank payments and receipts
- Allocating supplier payments and customer receipts against right invoices
- Performing bank reconciliation / petty cash reconciliation
- Calculating VAT for businesses with mixed zero-rated and standard-rated sales combining Sage and Excel
- Preparing, Reconciling and Submitting the VAT return to HMRC
- Dealing with HMRC queries, deadlines and penalties
- VAT registration and deregistration process
- Deeper understanding of Standard VAT Scheme, Cash Accounting Scheme, Flat Rate Scheme, Marginal VAT Scheme and VAT Retail Scheme
We train our candidates on all the popular accounting software such as
- Sage 50 Accounts
- VT Transactions
We install licenced software on candidate’s laptop so that they can practice more at home and become more employable.
All of our training programs are delivered on a 1-1 basis which means you will be getting individual attention from one of our qualified accountants. There will also be some workshops, specialised classes about HMRC compliance, tutorials and check lists for learning objectives.
This training program is suitable for anyone studying towards AAT or ACCA qualification looking to gain practical skills in the areas of Bookkeeping and VAT.
By the end of Sage 50 course you will be confident in applying for the following jobs
- Sales /Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Account Receivable / Payable Clerk
- VAT Administrator
We are a recruitment firm and we work with a large number of employers and we aim to place every candidate into accountancy job at the end of the training program. We help all our trainees with professional CV and Interview preparation. This training program will be reflected as a work experience on your CV. All of our training programs come with a guaranteed work placement.