Intermediate Level- Accounts Assistant
The 6 month Intermediate Level Training is highly popular with our candidates and is for those aiming to become an Accounts Assistant. Only six months and your competency is guaranteed. Our training is structured in such a way that it is suitable for both experienced and inexperienced candidates.
Contents of Training
As all the courses are progressive courses. The Intermediated Level training includes all the course contents of Fundamental Training
Candidates will receive a hands-on training and will know how to perform the following tasks:
- Setting up companies
- Setting up a company either as a cash accounting scheme or a standard accounting scheme
- How and when to register for VAT
- Choosing the chart of accounts that suits the ﬁrm's needs and how to customize it
- How double entry is applied in accounting software and how to customize the nominal ledger and nominal codes
- Setting up customers accounts
- Process customers batch invoices, individual invoices and credit notes Suppliers accounts setup
- Processing suppliers invoices and credit notes
- Generate reports on invoices due, customer/supplier invoice activity
- Performing error corrections
- Allocating payments and receipts of cash in a business Allocating bank payments and receipts
- Allocating Supplier/Customer Payments and Receipts Performing bank reconciliation
- Processing the VAT return and reconcile the VAT return Submitting the VAT return to HMRC
- Knowing how to deal with other VAT issues
- Performing Debtor Analysis Credit control procedures
- Candidates will perform Computerised Book-keeping, Bank Reconciliation & VAT Returns for various industry businesses, gaining a greater insight into accounting up to trial balance
- Candidates will gain strong understanding of how to prepare client's account from incomplete records, using various accounting software
- Deeper understanding of VAT - Rules of registration and de-registration Reconciliation of VAT, Completing a VAT return.
- Import and export VAT analysis
- Calculating VAT for a business with mixed zero-rated and standard-rated sales, combining Sage and Excel
- Candidates will perform Excel Spreadsheet Book-keeping and Bank Reconciliation Candidates will gain an insight into how to deal with HMRC queries
- Performing Stock Control using Computerised Book-keeping How to keep a track of Stock movements extract Bill of materials.
- Candidates will perform sales order processing, purchase order processing and stock reporting.
- Invoicing from stock and updating stock records
The training is carefully structured to give candidates the practical skills to enable them prepare accounts from source documents to the VAT return, in the exactly same manner as it is required.from our staff in our accountancy practice. This is a very unique platform for candidates, as it links directly into placements and ultimately jobs. We pride ourselves on giving opportunities to those who have the determination and attitude to succeed at accountancy. We promise to inspire you and develop you on every step on the way, with regular feedback sessions and supporting services.Candidates have the opportunity to master a Computerised bookkeeping and payroll package of their choice from Sage, Sage Payroll, QuickBooks, IRIS, TAS or VT.
Additional Contents of Intermediate Level Training
In the Fundamental level training candidates gain knowledge uptill quarterly accounts & submission of VAT to HMRC.In addition to tasks completed in Fundamental level, candidates have the opportunity to cover the following in Intermediate level training.
- Internal control procedures for tangible ﬁxed assets and cash
- Reconciliation of Control Accounts (Debtors and Creditors Control, VAT, PAYE, Wages, Directors, Bank Loans, Suspense Accounts – etc.
- Posting adjusting journal entries at month end such as Accruals,
- Depreciations, calculating depreciation using different methods VAT
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Using a Computerised accounting package of your choice. Preparing closing entries
- Preparing the Final Trial Balance
- Producing a classiﬁed proﬁt & Loss account and Balance sheet in a Excel spreadsheet
- Dealing with HMRC queries and small tax matters
- Summaries and analyses ﬁnancial data and produce reports for management purposes
- Monthly, Quarterly Management Accounts Performing banks reconciliation
- Learning about VAT management
- Running the year end procedure in Sage line 50 Accounts to close the ﬁnancial year and start a new ﬁnancial year
This training package is everything you need to demonstrate your competency for the following roles:
- Finance manager Financial Accountant Management Accountant
- Accounts payable manager Credit controller
- Small business Performance Analyst